The Scholar module included this video with faculty explaining the value of SoTL:
From this and the list of potential benefits below, pick a few statements that would motivate you to become more engaged in SoTL activities.
- Better student outcomes and assessment scores.
- Useful data for assessments, program reviews, and accreditation processes.
- Faculty development opportunities.
- Increased reflection on teaching and learning among colleagues.
- Stronger overall faculty that values teaching and student learning.
- Promotion of new networks among faculty members.
- Scholarship opportunities in the form of presentations and publications.
- Opportunity for outside funding to support program innovation.
- Renewed faculty excitement about teaching and greater self-awareness.
- You might also consider other benefits that you can think of that aren’t on this list.
Return to the shared document where you added your Three Keys for SoTL (from the previous activity) and edit your entry to include the benefits chose from this list. Review and add comments to the lists of other participants.
Example for "SoTL #2 – Engage with SoTL":