From the list of potential benefits below, pick a few statements that would motivate you to become more engaged in SoTL activities.
- Better student outcomes and assessment scores.
- Useful data for assessments, program reviews, and accreditation processes.
- Faculty development opportunities.
- Increased reflection on teaching and learning among colleagues.
- Stronger overall faculty that values teaching and student learning.
- Promotion of new networks among faculty members.
- Scholarship opportunities in the form of presentations and publications.
- Opportunity for outside funding to support program innovation.
- Renewed faculty excitement about teaching and greater self-awareness.You might also consider other benefits that you can think of that aren’t on this list.
Update your padlet note at http://tiny.cc/extend-scholarship to reflect two to three value propositions that would motivate you to participate in SoTL activities. Compare with others.
image credit: “engaged” flickr photo by Pia Kristine https://flickr.com/photos/iloveakira/5105302304 shared under a Creative Commons (BY-SA) license
Example for "SoTL #2 – Engage with SoTL":