- Concept Mapping for Human Relations PND 1105 (Lynn Chartrand, @lynn_chartrand)
I often speak to nursing students about the many benefits of concept mapping.
- Concept Map for a College Communications Course (Mel Young, @melyoung00)
I created this concept map of my introductory College Communications course, ENG1002. This course is taught to most first year students at the College and includes the basics of English communication.
- Concept map (Sidney, @data_professor)
This is the concept map for my upcoming Advanced Excel course. I worked on what the content would be and did thematic analysis several times to find what subjects would be most appropriate and how the content should be delivered. Part of this process is outlining what basic ideas should be taught in each module,… Read more »
- Analytical Instrumentation Concept Map (Christine, @Calm_Spark)
Though this map needs more work before presenting it to the students, I have hope that it might spark some ideas for the students of how things are connected and it might prove to be a useful practice activity for them. Student often compartmentalise what they learn about science – this goes is this box… Read more »
- Clinical Assessment (Iain Alexander Robertson, @IainRobertson)
The concept map below relates to a course in clinical assessment that I teach. I wanted to link the course outcomes to each of the major regional parts of the body. My emphasis is on the principles of massage and how they relate to the body. Often students struggle with linking old and new knowledge… Read more »
- Mindmapping Apprentice Workshop (Irene Stewart, @IrenequStewart)
First attempt at concept mapping the Exam Prep workshop for Apprentices
- Mapping Math1020 (Lisa Koster, @lkoster)
In the Fall I will be teaching a course I have never taught before. When this activity came up, I thought it would be a good idea to map Math1020 so that I could get an understanding of the topics I will be teaching.
- Leadership – Jump in the Fire (Rob Harrison, @robe5030)
This is a concept map for my Developing Leadership course. I also added a little bit of commentary on the “hidden curriculum” that doesn’t get covered in my course. How do Leaders actually develop? Hint: it doesn’t happen just in a classroom!
- syllabus map… for comm essentials (Jen Booth, @JenBoothatGC)
I find mind maps absolutely mystifying. My brain likes charts and paragraphs. I decided to try to extend my brain and rough out a mind map – I’m not sure I like it, but here is what I came up with. I decided to try to map how the learning outcomes of the course play… Read more »
- Mapping it out (Helen DeWaard, @hj_dewaard)
My mapping experience has been honed by the work I’ve done over the years in a variety of concept mapping tools. This blog post shares some mapping software items that I’ve explored and why I’m currently using Mindomo in my online course.