- What Exactly is Content Curation? (Mel Young, @melyoung00)
I have always prided myself on the ability to curate content but I now realize that I was just simply collecting content. By collecting, I just gathered a bunch of stuff and housed it on my computer. On the other hand, curation is when you handpick content using a certain lens/perspective and add your own… Read more »
- Curator (Pamela Koski Bryant, @BryantKoski)
Content Curation is defined in Wikipedia as ‘the process of gathering information relevant to a particular topic or area of interest. Services or people that implement content curation are called curators. Curation services can be used by businesses as well as end users.’ I believe teachers are one of the most important curators, as it… Read more »
- Dictionary Entry ;) (Melanie Lefebvre, @ProfMelLefebvre)
I’ve been a content curator for clients over the past decade. I just didn’t know it. Take the topic of anxiety, for example. I’m not just going to throw the word into Google with caution to the wind. I’ve got some curating to do: What’s their literacy level? Is the text written in plain language?… Read more »
- Your Definition Is This (Sidney, @data_professor)
This post is about my definition of content curation. As one of the things I do in my position, I keep track of the resources we use in the program and think about what else we can incorporate. When I sit back and look at what the best possible educational outcome would be for the… Read more »
- Content Curation: On the Bandwagon of Open (Mel Young, @melyoung00)
My definition of content curation in education.
- Are those used books and DVDs taking up space or (Danny Smith, @ProfessorDannyS)
Image link: https://unsplash.com/photos/AE1XpXLxXSA Content curation to me is like managing contents in my home. From a contextual perspective, it’s important to know that I live in a stacked townhouse (i.e., people live below me) in downtown Toronto and so I don’t have a lot of space for clutter and random junk. I evaluate everything that comes… Read more »
- Content Curation (Irene Stewart, @IrenequStewart)
Blog post, tweeted on May 20, 2018. My thoughts on the subject.
- Look Before You Build (Jessica OReilly, @JessicaOReill17)
Here’s a little reflective response about my transition from builder to content curator.
- What is Digital Curation? (Steven Secord, @stevensecord)
It is the act of sifting and aggregating through digital resources with a discerning eye so as to create manageable collections of what teachers & students find relevant and useful. #WhatLibrariansDoEveryday
- The web we weave – curation in action (Helen DeWaard, @hj_dewaard)
Curation is a new literacy. This blog post looks at curation of resources with a focus on WHY each element should be kept in the collection. While curation isn’t necessarily defined, this blog about curation looks at why this skill is one of the ‘new literacies’ for today’s global educator.