For this activity, I ended up going out to HTML5UP and picking up the Spectral template. Originally I had just intended to just unpack the site and perhaps change an image or two. Instead, I found myself looking at how I could change the title by going in and editing code. From there, I added a tag line, changed up the “Activate” button, renaming it to be “Extend Blog”, and linked the button to the blog.
Feeling enthused I then added a new menu option “Videos” and copied a generic html page as a starting point to create an entry. On that page I linked my YouTube channel (using the subdomain I created) and then started a set of favourite videos.
I plan on continuing on with this, tweaking headers, adding and updating content, and seeing how much of the code I can play in before I break it totally.
Summer camp is fun!